The data.world team is looking for a world-class Sales Development Rep who will be our first point of contact with Enterprise prospects. You will build a pipeline of qualified opportunities by being a great listener and questioner, deeply understanding the prospect’s needs while teaching them what they may not already know. You will call on marketing-generated leads, respond to inbound requests, and work targeted outbound lists of prospects to qualify opportunities for the Account Executives.
If you’re creative, persistent, passionate about the transformative power of data, and want to have a BIG impact on a fast-growing business, then we want to speak with you!
At data.world you will:
- Be a great ambassador for data.world in the market, including with C- and VP-level executives, primarily in IT and Data/Analytics orgs
- Execute various outbound sales campaigns
- Find new opportunities and teeing them up for a successful sales experience with an Account Executive
- Qualify inbound leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Prospect within potential accounts through personal introductions from our investors/advisors/execs, cold calls, emails, and social media
- Identify needs of potential clients, and challenge them on problems they may not yet recognize
- Research prospective customers using available resources
- Accurately update, maintain and create leads, contacts and pipeline using the company CRM system
- Help grow the sales team and build a scalable, repeatable process
We'd love to see:
- A quick learner, curious, creative, and persistent
- Someone who brings a lot of energy, enthusiasm, and ambition to work
- Fairly technical understanding -- you can learn and speak intelligently about technologies (data and analytics knowledge is a plus!)
- Strong alignment with our Core Values: Determination, Passion, Community, Curiosity, Integrity
- Strong record of success in whatever you have done
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- A love for crushing goals
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch 4x per week, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.