We’re looking for an experienced B2B Product Marketing Manager with SaaS or software industry experience to help us scale go-to-market execution. In this role, you’ll focus on bringing new product features and benefits to life through demos, webinars, whiteboards, and more. You’ll work across product, marketing, solutions engineering, and customer success teams to create engaging content for key technical buyers.
data.world turns siloed data into knowledge anyone can find, understand, and use no matter where it lives or what format it’s in. Our cloud-native data catalog empowers anyone - not just the “data people” - to quickly and confidently use information assets to answer business questions, capture their work, and add it to a unified body of knowledge.
This role reports to the Head of Product Marketing and will be based in Austin. (Unfortunately, the remote thing won't work for us at this point.)
Please include recent writing samples with your application.
At data.world you will:
- Develop and own data.world’s technical messaging and positioning
- Build go-to-market campaigns that highlight new product features and benefits
- Craft targeted, engaging demos, webinars, and videos that showcase platform capabilities through storytelling
- Create sales training materials that make it easy for non-technical teams to understand our complete offerings and new capabilities
- Develop competitive insights that inform marketing and sales strategy
- Build a library of multimedia content that can be used to accelerate customer acquisition and adoption
We’d love to see:
- At least 3 years of experience in a product marketing or technical sales position for an enterprise software/SaaS company. We’re flexible on titles, so if you have experience in a technical pre-or post-sales role of any sort, you might be a great fit here!
- Ability to demo software capabilities and build compelling and educational webinars, videos, and presentations for customers and target accounts
- Foundational product marketing skills and strategy related to messaging, persona targeting, competitive positioning, and storytelling
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work across diverse teams, from engineering and product to sales and marketing
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You don’t shy away from the tough questions
Big pluses include:
- Experience in a technology startup environment
- Experience positioning fairly technical SaaS offerings to practitioners and decision-makers
- Deep knowledge of the data management space
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch daily, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.