The data.world team is looking for an IT Support Manager to join us as we develop the industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data. This person will report to the Director of Engineering Operations and will be responsible for maintaining corporate IT infrastructure and office security.
We are seeking a talented technologist with a passion for supporting a fast growing business. Initially the role will involve routine support and well-defined workflows, but this is a high growth opportunity for someone seeking a career in information technology, cybersecurity and corporate governance.
What you’ll do:
- Make sure all office technology is working properly including laptops, monitors, telephones, printers and our network
- Manage access to our corporate IT applications including G Suite, Slack, Okta, etc.
- Maintain and improve our compliance and security program, especially as related to corporate IT
- Ensure a positive onboarding and offboarding experience for all employees
- Evaluate and recommend technology vendors for a high growth company
What you’ll bring:
- At least 2 years of experience in a desktop support position, preferably in a Macintosh environment
- A strong appetite to learn new things and reinvent processes across the data.world team
- A passion for helping people and bringing technical issues to resolution
- Experience administering G Suite, Slack and other popular SaaS providers
- Proficiency with managing trouble ticketing systems, especially in Atlassian Support Desk
Big pluses include:
- Experience with Cisco networking hardware, especially Meraki
- Hands-on experience with MDM solutions for mobile and macOS devices, such as Jamf or Fleetsmith
- Understanding of SOC2 / ISO 27001 compliance and requirements
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, excellent health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch every weekday plus all the snacks, coffee, Topo Chico or Yerba Mate you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and the skills to get things done
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.