Our Front End Engineers operate at the intersection of design thinking, product management and data-driven development, and are trusted to deliver features that make working together on data more straight-forward, productive, and enjoyable for our clients.
In this position, you will work with the designers, product owners and other engineers to craft and refine the features that help cross-functional teams work together on data projects, derive meaningful insights, and make data-informed decisions.
At data.world, you will:
- Design and craft high-quality, well-tested and reusable code.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with designers, product owners, and other engineering team members on production-ready features
- Work in a dynamic, agile, and data-driven environment and have true ownership of the features you work on, from requirements gathering to A/B test definition
- Contribute to the health and stability of our products through monitoring, instrumentation and maintenance of the day-to-day front-end operational aspects of the platform
- Understand the data-driven decisions about what to build and how to build it based on real-world user testing
We’d love to see:
- 3+ years experience as an engineer
- Experience shipping web-based products, working with designers and product owners to develop and deliver workflows and libraries
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, with the ability to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely to product leadership, and defend your ideas
- An appetite to try new things - you’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn
- Just enough knowledge about operations and back-end development to have familiarity with modern service-oriented architecture and are comfortable diving into logs
- Just enough knowledge about design and UX to be dangerous. You’re not a designer, but you might need a Sketch license to quickly mock up an idea.
- An understanding of best practices and ability to articulate what works with examples
You’ll get to play with:
- React, Redux, MobX, Hapi
- webpack, Jest, Cypress
- Monaco, Draft.js
- AWS (S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc)
- RDF & SPARQL
- Java, Scala
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch daily, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.