The data.world team is looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer / Sales Engineer to join us as we help Enterprise organizations modernize the way they use data.
As a member of our Solutions team, you will work closely with our prospects and Account Executives to help drive the technical discussions and demos during the sales process, capture and define requirements, and set proper expectations to ensure a successful implementation of the data.world platform.
You’re a great communicator and collaborator who can thrive in ambiguous situations. You excel at creating smart, pragmatic solutions to business problems You have the customer-facing skills to communicate that solution and vision to a wide variety of technical and executive audiences, and the technical skills to be able to not only build demos and execute proof-of-concepts but also to provide consultative assistance on architecture and implementation.
At data.world you will:
- Be an integral part of the sales process - quickly understanding complex ecosystems and technical / process challenges
- Develop deep functional product expertise across the data.world platform
- Quickly understand a client’s complex ecosystems and technical / process challenges to determine how to best incorporate into their workflow
- Work with the Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on client requests and identified technical obstacles
- Thoroughly document proposed client solutions, to help transition your work from the sales cycle to the post-sale implementation and servicing team
- Own the completion and submission of RFIs and RFPs
- Travel ~40-60% of the time
We’d love to see:
- At least 5 years of experience in high tech software/SaaS, preferably in the data industry, with at least 2 years in a technical sales role.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, presenting, and navigating objections.
- Experience creating and presenting enterprise-grade demos to a wide spectrum of audiences.
- Experience gathering requirements, scoping, and writing Statements of Work as well as guiding prospects through evaluations of software products.
- Enthusiasm for solving problems in real time
- Experience working with a variety of databases, ETL technologies, SQL, and APIs.
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch 4x per week, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.