The data.world team is looking for a Strategic Account Executive to grow our Enterprise client base. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales and will work closely with the company’s Executive team. As a Strategic Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing and executing our customer-facing strategies and developing deep relationships with decision makers to close and expand business within their organizations. The successful candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, a strategic seller and passionate about our vision. This person should be resourceful and able to independently gain access to senior levels of prospective customers. You will work closely with our product team to identify market needs that data.world can solve. You will play a critical role in helping data.world achieve its mission.
At data.world, you will:
- Build deep relationships with senior executives within our target market
- Develop and refine strategy to exceed revenue goals
- Work closely with our product team to identify market needs that data.world can solve
- Develop and execute customer-facing strategies to close and expand business within key decision makers' organizations
We'd love to see:
- At least 5-10 years of experience in high tech software/SaaS sales, preferably in the data industry
- Bachelor’s degree – technical degree, aptitude, or experience is a plus
- Proven success closing large, complex sales or strategic partnerships in a startup environment
- Self-motivated, proactive sales hunter with ability to develop and maintain strong relationships throughout account life cycle
- Significant experience working with senior level decision-makers, particularly in IT
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, presentation, qualifying, closing and negotiating skills
- Detail-oriented and enthusiasm for solving problems in real time
- Willingness to travel
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch 4x per week, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.