The data.world team is looking for a Client Solutions Architect to join us as we engage our customers in implementing our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data.
As a member of our Solutions team, you will work directly with our clients, establishing yourself as the key technical advisor and advocate, working cross-functionally to ensure the successful design, integration, rollout, and adoption of the data.world platform. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with customers to find the best solution with the most impact for their business needs.
This role is a balance of customer consultation and technical execution. This includes partnering with client teams to gather requirements and develop implementation plans, ownership of the delivery of technical integrations with client systems, facilitating training, and providing general technical support during implementation.
You’re a self-starter and motivator who can thrive in ambiguous situations, recognizes areas for improvements and creates smart solutions effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
At data.world you will:
- Establish yourself as the client’s key technical advisor and advocate
- Develop deep functional product expertise across the data.world platform
- Quickly understand a client’s complex ecosystems and technical / process challenges to determine how to best incorporate into their workflow
- Have ownership over technical deliverables during the implementation process, ensuring timely and effective rollout, and excellent customer communication
- Work closely with Client, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure smooth prospect-to-customer transitions and long-term customer success
- Work with the Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on client requests and identified technical obstacles
- Work closely with pre-sales to scope, write, and present SOWs as needed
- Travel within US approximately 25%
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years experience in a purely technical, or technical customer facing role
- Balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, with a background in business intelligence, data analysis, data governance, data warehousing, engineering, or other technical fields
- Consultative problem-solving skills to create value for clients, with the ability to integrate technical knowledge into a consultative process
- The ability to write code in at least one programming language including against REST APIs
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts and platform capabilities clearly to people of varying technical depth, and the confidence to discuss project plans with enterprise executives
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write and execute queries
- Deep understanding of SaaS / cloud architecture and platform mechanics
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects across a variety of clients at all times, understanding the degrees of criticality while ensuring all deadlines are met
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively work with diverse clients and teams
Big Pluses Include:
- Experience with RDF, SPARQL and other semantic web technologies
- An understanding of how enterprise solutions are managed and secured at scale
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch 4x per week, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.