The data.world team is looking for a Solutions Engineer to join our Client Services team who will work directly with customers to integrate their systems and processes with data.world. This is as much a consultative role as engineering, so we’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with customers to find the best solution with the most impact for their business needs. This will include everything from rolling up your sleeves to build out a custom connection to their data sources, writing SQL queries, facilitating training workshops for their teams, providing general technical support during implementation, and creating onboarding content. You’re a self-starter and motivator, who recognizes areas for improvements and creates smart solutions.
At data.world you will:
- Work closely with clients to connect data sources, build out their data catalog, and develop data workflows specific to their organization
- Create custom scripts and scheduled jobs to connect databases and applications to data.world
- Help to build out data.world’s client onboarding process and technical / consultative services
- Develop and/or deliver client training on the deployed solution
- Work with our Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements
- Work closely with pre-sales to scope, write, and present SOWs
- Help to resolve client data issues – identifying root source of problem data and implementing measures to correct and prevent
- Assist in creation of user-facing technical documentation
We'd love to see:
- Passionate about working with clients, providing stellar service, and delivering outstanding technical solutions.
- Minimum 5+ years of customer-facing technical experience, preferably in data management
- Experience with semantic web technologies and ontologies, metadata management, and data cataloging
- Solid SQL skills, with proficiency in multiple databases and ETL technologies
- Proven ability to create scripts and build solutions using APIs
- Ability to independently scope and execute technical deliverables while meeting timelines and juggling many client projects at once
- Experience writing user-facing technical documentation
Big pluses include:
- Project Management experience
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch 4x per week, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.