The data.world team is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to assist clients in integrating and using data.world through our various support channels.
This person will work closely with our open-data community members and enterprise clients alike. They should be passionate about providing the best client experience, taking the time to understand the client's situation and goals, and work across teams when necessary to find ideal solutions. Beyond providing outstanding client support, this person will help in building the entire support experience by identifying and creating help content for new features or commonly asked questions, evaluation and adoption of new tools and processes, sharing of tips and helpful information to our community, and assisting in support team reporting and measurement.
At data.world you will:
- Work closely with our open-data community members and enterprise clients
- Ensure a positive experience with each client interaction
- Work cross-functionally to identify the best possible solution for the client, sharing feedback that can result in improvements
- Identify and create content for new features and commonly asked client questions
- Identify and create content for evaluation and adoption of new tools and processes
- Share tips and helpful information across the data.world community
- Assist the support team in reporting and measurements
We'd love to see:
- At least 3 years of experience in a high tech software/SaaS customer support role
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), both with external clients and internal teams
- Ability to listen, understand, and get to the root of reported issues
- Detail-oriented and enthusiasm for solving any problem quickly, from billing to API support
- Efficient multi-tasker, able to maintain many concurrent threads at once, while ensuring an excellent experience
- Technically minded with SQL and API experience
- Experienced in a startup environment, where multiple hats is exciting rather than daunting
Big pluses include:
- Experience in the data space - with semantic web technologies and ontologies, metadata management, or data cataloging experience
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch 4x per week, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.