The data.world team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join us as we develop the industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data. This person will be on the team responsible for our cloud architecture, security programs, deployment framework and developer efficiency tooling.
We are seeking talented engineers who have experience developing automation and infrastructure tools that increase development velocity. This person should be a self-motivated, strategic thinker with the drive to take ownership of large efforts. If you’re creative, persistent, passionate about the transformative power of data, and want to have an impact on a fast-growing business, then we want to meet you.
At data.world you will:
- Be part of the team developing the data.world core infrastructure
- Use a variety of technologies to support code delivery and production operations of a cloud hosted, service oriented web application
- Build an environment in which engineering teams are able to build, test, and run their applications in production
We’d love to see:
- BS in technology or engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years software development or systems engineering experience
- Cloud solutions design, especially Amazon Web Services
- Experience using data and analysis tools to troubleshoot and resolve systemic problems
- Excellent written communication skills and history of documenting changes and instructive guides
- Experience working in a continuous deployment organization with multiple deployments each week
- Knowledge of available tools and advantages of each, especially regarding containerization, configuration management, CI/CD and other “DevOps” toolchains.
Big pluses include:
- Direct experience with container orchestration, especially Kubernetes
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch 4x per week, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.