The data.world team is looking for a Software Engineer, Site Reliability (SRE) to join us as we develop the industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data. This person will be on the team responsible for our cloud architecture, security programs, continuous deployment framework and developer experience. Note that while our SRE team is responsible for the foundation of our production environment, everyone in engineering participates in the on-call schedule. We believe development teams should be able to build and run their own services.
We are seeking talented engineers who have experience developing automation and infrastructure tools that increase development velocity. This person should be a self-motivated, strategic thinker with the drive to take ownership of large efforts. If you’re passionate about the transformative power of data, and want to have an impact on a fast-growing business, then we want to meet you.
At data.world you will:
- Be part of the team developing the data.world core infrastructure
- Use a variety of technologies to support code delivery and production operations of a cloud hosted, service oriented web application
- Build an environment in which engineering teams are able to build, test, and run their applications in production
We’d love to see:
- BS in technology or engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years systems or backend engineering experience
- Direct experience architecting public cloud solutions
- Experience using data, logs and analysis tools to troubleshoot and resolve systemic problems
- Excellent written communication skills and history of documenting changes and instructive guides
- Experience working in a continuous deployment organization with multiple deployments each week
- Knowledge of available tools and advantages of each, especially regarding containerization, configuration management, CI/CD and other “DevOps” toolchains.
Big pluses include:
- Direct experience with container orchestration, especially Kubernetes
- Development experience, especially in Python, Java or golang.
- Strong interest in SRE topics such as SLOs, resiliency, chaos testing and capacity planning.
- Experience running large scale, multi-region cloud applications
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure, and fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate matching and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Catered lunch daily, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.