data.world, a 4-year running Best Place to Work, is looking for a UX/Product Designer to join our team. data.world designers operate at the intersection of design thinking and data-driven development, and are trusted to design, test, and deliver features that make working together on data more straight-forward, productive, and delightful.
In this position, you will work with the design lead, junior designers, product owners and front-end engineers to craft best-in-class user experiences. Our product enables cross-functional enterprise teams to catalog, understand, and access their data in order to make faster and more efficient decisions.
At data.world, you will:
- Tell the stories of how people interact with our product features and each other through sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Help define and maintain system-level UX patterns as well as contextual microinteractions
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with product leadership and design/engineering team on both strategic initiatives and production-ready components
- Facilitate and observe user testing sessions, analyze the results, and share learnings with the team
- Work in a dynamic, agile, and data-driven environment and have true ownership of the features you work on, from requirements gathering to A/B test definition and iteration
- Mentor and collaborate closely with junior designers to help up-level the entire team
We'd love to see:
- 3+ years experience in product design or UX roles: You have experience shipping web-based products (not only websites), bonus points if you’ve worked on a product for a technical audience. You’ve designed complex UX workflows, crafted implementation-ready UI mockups, prototyped microinteractions, conducted design QA, and participated in user research studies.
- All your bases covered: This includes an outstanding portfolio showcasing a foundation in interaction, visual design, typography and ideation and a demonstrated familiarity with the tools of the trate (Sketch, InVision, Abstract, Principle, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills: You should be able to articulate your design decisions, whiteboard new solutions with colleagues, and present ideas concisely to product leadership. We engage in spirited debates where you’ll be expected to hold your own and check your ego at the door.
- An appetite to try new things: You’re constantly curious, excited to improve your process with new tech and tools, and looking to learn new things from the designers and engineers around you. You ask questions rather than shy away from technical terms you don’t know. Understanding how people use SQL, version control, Jupyter notebooks, and file systems should interest you, even if you don’t know much about these topics (yet).
- Unwavering attention to detail: You found the typo in this job description, and you’re itching to tell us to fix it.
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunch daily, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.